This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
A bar chart graphs how eRxs compare: pharmacists (n = 446). Comparisons are for MD relations, patient relations, MD communication, patient communication, efficiency, effectiveness, and safety.
Responses include: much worse, somewhat worse, no change, somewhat better, and much better. Results are approximate values.
- MD relations: 4% much worse, 15% somewhat worse, 40% no change, 28% somewhat better, and 13% much better.
- Patient relations: 1% much worse, 11% somewhat worse, 42% no change, 34% somewhat better, and 12% much better.
- MD communication: 5% much worse, 20% somewhat worse,25% no change, 32% somewhat better, and 18% much better.
- Patient communication: 2% much worse, 11% somewhat worse, 53% no change, 22% somewhat better, and 12% much better
- Efficiency: 2% much worse, 9%somewhat worse, 14% no change, 47% somewhat better, and 28% much better.
- Effectiveness: 1% much worse, 8% somewhat worse, 21% no change, 48% somewhat better, and 22% much better.
- Safety: 2% much worse, 8% somewhat worse, 18% no change, 40% somewhat better, and 32% much better.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide