This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Variation In How e-RX Processed
- Most chains drop e-Rx into the store fill queue
- Some print e-RX and then process (phasing out, short term transition issue)
- Most auto populate fields
- Images of e-RX available on some systems
- Some chains treat e-Rx with lower response urgency than:
- Customers waiting in line
- Clinicians on the phone
- Faxes on the printer
- Other chains grant e-RX the highest fill priority
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide