This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
DM Program Components May Target Patients and/or Providers
- Some common DM program interventions:
- Personal Health Risk Assessment
- Patient self-management support (education from certified diabetes educator, nurse case manager)
- Electronic and paper-based guidelines
- Care teams (MD, CDE, RN, others)
- Physician education
- Feedback to providers on guideline compliance, care quality (care audit)
- Orders support (CPOE)
Note: Make the point here that many DM components are not IT related and that a DM program has both IT and non-IT components
Lead with range of programs: patient to providers, then introduce common interventions
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide