This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Potential to Manage Diabetes
- Improved understanding of diabetes risk factors
- Improved weight control lowers the risk of diabetes
- Earlier diagnosis and treatment
- Diabetes is diagnosed years earlier, providing opportunity to treat before complications occur
- Tight management of diabetes prevents disability
- Clinical trials show that tight blood sugar and blood pressure control prevent many complications, including stroke, heart attack, and death
- Advances in treatment
- New drugs emerge to control sugar and prevent complications
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide