This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Improving Diabetes Care in Communities (continued)
- What have we learned?
- Diabetes is good "tracer condition" to use in figuring our how to improve care for chronic illness at the community level
- Health care purchasers can play a stimulating and supporting role for providers. They can also directly implement improved patient/consumer information and payment policy changes
- Data play an essential role in identifying productive projects worth the effort of multiple stakeholders
- New data are needed to support new processes of care, new payment policies, and evaluation of results
- AHRQ plays an important role in improving the credibility of local initiatives, guiding work with research-based information and in developing practical tools for use by multiple stakeholders
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide