This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
10. Population-level Public Health Alerting
- HIE serves as gateway for relevant epidemiologic data to providers (patients)
- Ideally in context of patient and practice (e.g. age/zip, ED vs. Ambulatory)
- Trends in influenza or asthma
- Preventive services recommendations
A graphic depicts how individual care providers contact a data sources. Provider asks for and receives records. Data sources send records to provider (This step is highlighted with a large number 10) through message transfer.
"etch server model"
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide