This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Technical Components Strawman
The slide shows the relationship between Participating Member (both care provider & data source) and NYCLIX Central.
Participating Member (both care provider & data source) includes: CIS/EMR, Pharm, Lab, radiology, cardiology, and ADT. These flow into Interface engine/API, which flows into data repository. Data repository flows into a NYCLIX layer which included NYCLIX Web, NYCLIX data repository and audit and control. NYCLIX flows into public health.
- NYCLIX Layer can be provided by NYCLIX or internally built according to standards
- Member sends ADT for all patients registered/admitted
- Request for NYCLIX information can be initiated by member via Web or triggered via ADT in member's ED
- Request for Member information is initiated by NYCLIX central to each member who has patient in record locator
NYCLIX Central includes: Security management and access controls, participating entity and level, patient matching and record locator, aggregation and standardization, and audit trails. This flows into NYCLIX application layer, which flows into presentation and interface engine.
- NYCLIX Central acts a clearing house for all requests and routes transactions based on participation level, patient matching, and record locator services
- ADT transaction from members comprise data supporting record locator and patient matching services. No clinical data is stored
- Security management and access controls govern who has access to what
Interaction between Participating Member (both care provider & data source) and NYCLIX Central:
Data source transactions:
- 1. From Participating Member to NYCLIX—all ADT from member.
- 2. From NYCLIX to Participating Member—NYCLIX central data request.
- 3. From Participating Member to NYCLIX—NYCLIX data source result.
Care provider transactions:
- 1. From Participating Member to NYCLIX- NYCLIX care provider request.
- 4. From NYCLIX to Participating Member- NYCLIX Central result.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide