This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Purpose of Lean Implementation (continued)
- Lab expenditure represents 5% of total healthcare expenditure
- 70% of clinical decisions are based on lab information
- Lab medicine testing failures have major downstream implications
- Pre-pre-analytic phase—choice of the test
- Pre-analytic phase—performance of the test
- Analytic phase—processing and analysis of the specimen
- Post-analytic phase—reporting of the test result
- Post-post-analytic phase—use of the test result in patient care
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide