This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Design patterns and detailed object models reviewed by worldwide community of HIT experts.
- Less work to do on conceptual design
- Design for reuse (build once, reuse many times)
- (Somewhat more work in detailed implementation)
- Minimize user configuration needs.
- How and What?
- Health Level-7 version 3
- Reference Information Model
- Medication/Pharmacy and Patient Care Standards
- Understand any HL7 v3 message and document payload
- Accept HL7 v2 messages by mapping to HL7 v3
- LOINC, SNOMED CT, UMLS Terms
- NDF-RT, RxNorm, NDC, FDA SRS UNII
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide