This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Infrastructure includes interfaces to
- NCI caBIG EVS
- UMLS through JDBC and Relational Database
- Hooks for Common Terminology Service (CTS)
- But we don't seem to need them
- Knowledge master files and (trusted) data sources contribute codes, terms and synonyms.
- We periodically run our word-indexer
- To index words, phrases and codes
- Context sensitive, i.e., by field
- In case of observation value by observation code
- User enters text (any of the synonyms),
- Auto-completion maps to concept in the background
- Unrecognized term stored as original text
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide