This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Knowledge Needs for e-Prescribing
- Medication Terminologies
- NDC (only packaged products)
- FDA Listing, NDF-RT, Multum, FDB NDDF
- RxNorm—integrates many UMLS sources
- FDA SRS UNII (for ingredients)
- Problem List and Allergy Terminologies
- (ICPC), ICD-9, (ICD-10)
- SNOMED CT (and VA/KP Subset)
- Clinical Decision Support Knowledge
- Currently best open access source: NDF-RT
- Commercial Offerings: FDB, Micromedex
- Upcoming FDA SPL labels (post-PLR)
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide