This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- CNA documentation previously has not been closely monitored on weekly basis: contained knowledge deficits, inaccuracies
- CNA documentation of ADLs is new and requires time to learn the coding
- CNA codes differ from MDS codes on new form
- One-person assist is represented by "1" on CNA form
- One person assist is represented by '2" for MDS nurse documentation.
- MDS nurses have to adjust to change in codes.
- CNA documentation requires ongoing monitoring and follow-up by staff to maintain accuracy and high documentation completion rates
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide