This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Pressure ulcer (PrU) rates remain high
- Despite guidelines
- Despite training
- NH staff know how to prevent PrUs
- Need to identify high risk residents on weekly basis
- Knowledge not integrated into day to day practice
- Entire multi-disciplinary team needs to coordinate care better for high risk residents (including CNAs)
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide