This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Define the role of everyone within EPITOME
Role of the Nurse/Nursing Unit
- Give patients a medication education folder upon admission
- Print Medication Education leaflets with each new medication and give them to the patient
- Educate every patient on their medications at each medication administration
- Review the following throughout the hospital admission utilizing the health behavior change model:
- Medication name and indication
- How to take it (number of times per day)
- Any special administration instructions (take with food)
- Common side effects
- Document Medication Education every day
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide