This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Key design elements (continued)
- For each composite and each indicator:
- A horizontal bar graph with accompanying text that shows
- Results for each hospital
- State average (can be sub-state if sponsor chooses)
- To maximize "evaluability" bar graphs are laid out so hospital at the top is the best and hospital at the bottom is the worst
- Again, this is based on strong evidence that this approach maximizes understand and also hospitals' QI responses
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide