This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
e-Prescribing in the LTC Setting
- Three way communication: prescriber, nurse, pharmacy
- Resident is not a patient
- SCRIPT adjustments for unit/room/bed, resident, facility information
- Medications are delivered
- Communicate admission and discharge information to the pharmacy (new census message)
- Medication "chart" orders are open-ended
- Orders need to be cancelled or discontinued
- Facility needs to know the medication was actually dispensed
- Resupply requests represent 80% of LTC orders
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide