This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Plans for 2008
- Provide resources for 2008 legislative session
- Continue detailed review of statutes and regs
- Continue participation in multi-state collaborations to secure new funding for joint activities
- Organize and staff the HIE Coordinating Entity
- Roll out first education program for consumers
- Continue development of additional curricula
KS plans to have a comprehensive statutory and regulatory HIE catalog for legislators and attorneys to work with. This can be used to manage KS laws that are not in compliance with HIPAA.
The collaborative groups are meeting Nov. 1st and 2nd to discuss long term goals for 2008
KS plans to continue working with other states to share information on HIE policy development and educational material to create a better understanding of HIE
The KS HIE Coordinating Entity will begin managing programs and long term goals for HIE standards and education for consumers and providers
The work that is done in the national collaboratives will help the entity develop additional curricula and ease the adoption of electronic HIE throughout the state.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide