This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Survey of all residents/fellows in the 76 accredited training programs at MGH & BWH
- 2003 (pre-implementation) and 2004 (post-implementation)
- Goal of Primary Study—to assess self-reported workhours of residents
- Secondary goal—to report on patient safety events
- All residents were classified post-hoc based upon mean self-reported workhours for their program into:
- Reduced hours programs
- All other programs
- Pre-post analysis -- Difference in Differences
Programs were classified as "reduced hours" if mean weekly duty hours in 2003 exceeded 65 and decreased by at least 5 hours between 2003 and 2004.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide