This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Challenges and Questions
Design of Work for Patient Safety
- Complex system with interactions
- Who are the end users?
- Example = medication management in ambulatory care
- Design for multiple groups of end users
- Who is the designer of work and processes?
- Home care:
- Role of patient and family
- Transitions of care:
- Impact on work system
- Design of HIT-supported work and processes
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide