This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Strategic Issues: Getting Started
- Which providers to target?:
- Hospitals and/or physicians
- Large vs. individual/small group
- Contribution of hospitals vs. physicians to quality and cost varies from region to region
- Measurement issues favor larger groups but incentives may be stronger for individuals
- System view of quality improvement suggests higher level
- Choose the provider target for which you can get the biggest bang for your buck
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide