This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Team Training Evaluation Based on Kirkpatrick's Four-Level Evaluation Model
- Level 4—Results: whether the training has affected process or outcomes, such as increased production, improved quality, reduced adverse events, decreased costs, or return on investment.
- Patient satisfaction survey.
- Process or practice changes.
- Length of hospital stay.
- Adverse drug events.
- Patients' claims.
- Staff satisfaction survey.
- Nurse turnover rates.
- Level 3—Behavior: whether participants change their behavior back in the workplace as a result of training.
- Observation of teamwork behaviors during routine patent care.
- Level 2—Learning: whether the training results in an increase in knowledge, skills or attitudes.
- Teamwork knowledge test.
- Survey of attitude towards teamwork.
- Survey of self-perceived communication skills.
- Level 1—Reaction: how did participants react to the training?
- Post-training reaction survey.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide