This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Evidence Based Design Sources
- The Role of the Physical Environment in the Hospital of the 21st Century: A Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity (Center for Health Design)
- Improving Healthcare with Better Building Design (Center for Health Design)
- Planning, Design, and Construction of Health Care Facilities (Joint Commission Resources)
- Guidelines for Design and Construction of Hospital and Healthcare Facilities (The American Institute for Architects)
- Enhancing the Traditional Hospital Design Process: A Focus on Patient Safety (Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Safety)
- Play video
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide