This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Little is known about what various stakeholders mean by "efficiency"
- Considerable lack of common language, conceptual clarity
- Link between content of metrics and proposed applications not always thought through
- Little is known about the consequences (intended and unintended) of applying available metrics at different levels in the system
- Can measures developed for one level (health plan) be applied at a different level (physician)?
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide