This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Better PSI Performance Associated CAH Conversion: Alternative Explanations
- Changes in coding behaviors
- Did not find any significant change in hospital-level mean number of DX, mean Charlson score, mean number of Elixhauser comorbidities
- Changes in referral patterns (get less severe patients)
- No significant change in
- Percentage of patients transferred from other hospitals
- Percentage of patients transferred to other hospitals
- Models adjusting for referral behaviors show consistent results
- It reflects a trend toward improvement in patient safety for all hospitals
- None-converted hospitals are comparison group
- Add year dummy variables
- Difference in difference
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide