This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
MHQP Setting the Stage for Public Reporting: Commonwealth Fund/RWJ Project
Massachusetts first state to publicly report hospital and medical group patient-centered care survey data—Massachusetts Health Quality Partners
- Summary Performance:
- 4 stars = Above the 85th percentile.
- 3 stars = Above the 50th percentile.
- 2 stars = Above the 15th percentile.
- 1 star = Below the 15th percentile.
- Quality of Doctor-Patient Interaction:
- Communication: 2.5 stars
- Integration of Care: 4 stars
- Knowledge of Patient: 3 stars
- Health Promotion: 1 star
- Organizational/Structural Features of Care:
- Organizational Access: 2.5 stars
- Visit-Based Continuity:
- Clinical Team: 3.5 stars
- Office Staff: 2 stars
- Global Rating:
- Willingness to recommend: 3 stars
Source: Melinda Karp, "Reporting Patients' Experiences with Their Doctors Process, Politics and Public Reports in Massachusetts," Presentation March 31, 2006
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide