This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
National Quality Benchmarking in Germany
- Size of the project:
- 2,000 German Hospitals (> 98%)
- 5,000 medical departments
- 3 Million cases in 2005
- 20% of all hospital cases in Germany
- 300 Quality indicators in 26 areas of care
- 800 experts involved (national and regional)
- Ideas and goals:
- Define standards (evidence based, public)
- Define levels of acceptance
- Document processes, risks and results
- Present variation
- Start structured dialog
- Improve and check
Source: Christof Veit, "The Structured Dialog: National Quality Benchmarking in Germany."
Presentation at Academy Health Annual Research Meeting, June 2006.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide