This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
How the Health Alliance was Formed
- Purchaser Leadership: King County Executive Ron Sims
- Unsustainable cost growth in health care
- Task Force Report completed in 2004
- Standardize care based on evidence
- Standardize how quality is measured
- Improve quality, decrease waste, slow cost growth
- Align incentives to recognize and reward quality
- Recommended creation of public-private collaborative
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide