This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
P4P: Will it Work?
- Recent evidence points to modest gains from P4P in terms of provider adherence.
- Selected Findings:
- Rosenthal et al. (2006) Relative increase of 3.6 percentage points for cervical cancer screening
- Levin-Scherz et al. (2006)
- Relative increase of 2-19 percentage points for diabetes measures
- Lindenauer et a. (2007) CMS Premier demonstration: Relative increase of 2.6 percentage points for AMI measures; 3.4 points for pneumonia measures; 4.1 points for heart failure measures.
- Young et al. (2007)
- Absolute increase of 7 percentage points for diabetes measure (e.g., eye exam)
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide