This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Center for Outcomes and Effectiveness Research
The Center for Outcomes and Effectiveness Research (COER) conducts and supports studies of the outcomes and effectiveness of diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services and procedures. Specifically, COER:
- Manages and conducts research, evaluations, and demonstrations of the effectiveness of clinical interventions in terms of patient outcomes.
- Directs an extramural research centers program on medical effectiveness and patient outcomes.
- Directs and supports a program of clinical research on the effectiveness of diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to illness.
- Manages and conducts research and related activities to improve methods and measures for effectiveness research.
- Represents the Agency in meetings with domestic and international experts and organizations concerned with medical effectiveness and outcomes research.
Current as of October 2000