This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Figure 7: Predictors of CML Response with Imatinib
|Timing of use of the predictors of imatinib response
||Currently widely available
||Available in some areas
|At the start of therapy
- Cytogenetic clonal evolution.
- % of Ph+ metaphases.
- Chromosome 9 deletions.
- % of CD34+ cells in the bone marrow.
- Genetic microarrays.
- Expression of drug resistance genes.
- Laboratory analyses that provide information n mutations that change the tyrosine kinase protein.
- In vitro assay of Crkl phosphorylation with imatinib.
- Cytogenetic response at 6 or 12 months.
- Reduction in the % of CD34+ cells in the bone marrow.
- Log reduction in BCR-ABL mRNA transcripts at 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.
- Log reduction BCR-ABL mRNA transcripts as a predictor mutations in the protein binding of imatinib.
Return to Document