This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
program is a PDA tool that helps consumers to prepare to quit smoking.
Included is a 5-day countdown to their quit date that can be inserted
Calendar, as well as a number of helpful resources.
| Application Downloads ||Installation Instructions || Feedback and Help ||Copyright Constraints ||Related Resources
Palm™ OS 3.2 and above
File Size: 27 KB
Pocket PC Version
File Size: 74 KB
Web Version (HTML)
Palm™ OS Device
- Download the file "QuitPalm.prc" to your computer.
- Double Click "QuitPalm.prc" to add the application to your Palm Desktop.
- Sync your Palm with your PC to install the application.
- Download the file "QuitPPC.exe" to your computer.
- Start Microsoft ActiveSync and attach the Pocket PC to your computer.
- Double click the "QuitPPC.exe" file to install the application.
Feedback and Help
Submit your comments, questions, and suggestions regarding
this application via: http://info.ahrq.gov
AHRQ makes this product available under the following conditions:
This PDA application was developed for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality by Adam E. Ornstein under Contract No. 290-03-0009.
- The Quit Smoking: Consumer Interactive Tool may be downloaded for specific
individual applications by organizations and for personal use, providing citation
as to source is included: Quit Smoking: Consumer Interactive Tool. Agency for
Healthcare Research and Quality. November 2004. Rockville, MD. http://pda.ahrq.gov
- This product or any modifications or adaptations may not be reproduced, sold,
or used for commercial purposes without specific permission granted or a licensing
agreement from AHRQ. In addition, this application and links to it should not
be used in any direct or indirect endorsement of a commercial product or service.
For additional information and source documents for the Quit Smoking: Consumer
Interactive Tool, go to You
Can Quit Smoking.
This information kit contains materials for consumers that are available in
English, Spanish, and easy-to-read formats and is a one-stop source to help
smokers quit using tobacco.
National Quitline: Call toll-free at 1-800-QUIT NOW.