This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Request for Proposals
Solicitation No. AHRQ-01-0003; (Full and Open Competition, with Recommended
Small Business Goals)
Proposals Due: March 26, 2001
Contracting Office: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ),
Division of Contracts Management, 2101 East Jefferson Street, Suite 601,
Rockville, MD 20852.
Printed copies of the Request for Proposals (RFP) may be obtained by writing
to AHRQ, Attn: Darryl Grant, Contracting Officer, Division of Contracts
Management, 2101 East Jefferson Street, Suite 601, Rockville, MD 20852. Include
the offeror's name, affiliation, address, and telephone and fax numbers. No
telephone requests for the RFP will be accepted.
The synopsis for this requirement was published in the Commerce Business
Daily on January 24, 2001. The solicitation was issued on February 9, 2001.
Full text can be downloaded from the AHRQ Web site. Select to access Downloading
Information. Printed copies are also available, as detailed below.
A 5-year cost-reimbursement contract is contemplated. It is expected that one
award will be made for this requirement.
The purpose of this contract is to carry out the work of the Survey User
Network (SUN) in coordination with and in support of the Consumer Assessment of Health
Plans (CAHPS®) project. In 1995, AHRQ funded a consortium to work with the
agency to carry out the the CAHPS® project with the following objectives:
- Produce reliable, valid, and rigorously tested survey protocols for
collecting information from consumers regarding their assessments of health
plans and services.
- Develop and test the effectiveness of different formats for
conveying resulting information to consumers.
- Demonstrate the resulting survey protocols in real-world settings.
- Evaluate the usefulness of this information in assisting consumers,
and purchasers acting on their behalf, in making informed selections of health
care plans and services.
The SUN contract was awarded in 1995 to assist in development and
dissemination of CAHPS® products. This acquisition will continue that support
for the next 5 years. The SUN contractor must be able to:
- Coordinate the work of the CAHPS® consortium.
- Prepare CAHPS® products for dissemination to potential users in
electronic and hardcopy format.
- Deliver a range of technical assistance to users.
- Provide technical and logistical support for conferences and
- Operate the National CAHPS® Benchmarking Database (NCBD).
- Provide technical support to AHRQ.
Shift-click from this Web page: Your browser may support downloading
the RFP and Attachments from this Web page. To download the RFP from this Web
page, click on the following links with the right mouse button and select "Save
Link As" (Netscape) or "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer). The RFP is
available as WordPerfect® and PDF Files; the Attachment Instructions are in
Word® and PDF:
- Survey Users Network (SUN): Request for Proposals (WordPerfect®
file, 334 KB; PDF File,
- Attachment: Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (PDF File,
- Attachment Instructions (Word®
file, 8 KB; PDF File,
- Amendment 1, Questions and Answers: (PDF file,
Revised cover, 48 KB; WordPerfect®,
- Amendment 2, SIC Code Information: (PDF File,
PDF Files require the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™, which you can download free
Current as of February 2001