This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Request for Proposals
Solicitation No. AHRQ-06-00001 (Full and Open Competition)
Proposals Due: September 21, 2005, 12 Noon (Local Time)
Contracting Office: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Contracts Management, 540 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20850; Mary Haines, Contracting Officer
The presolicitation synopsis for this requirement was published in the FedBizOpps (www.fedbizopps.gov) on June 17, 2005, under the title, "Accelerating Change and Transforming Organizations and Networks." The solicitation issue date is July 12, 2005. The RFP is available for download (Select to access Downloading Information) and at the Federal Business Opportunities Web page: www.fedbizopps.gov. It is the offeror's responsibility to monitor the Web sites where the RFP will be posted to learn about any amendments to the solicitation. It is anticipated the amendment with responses to questions will be posted by August 11, 2005.
It is anticipated that multiple awards (9-12) cost reimbursement contracts award will be made under this solicitation for a three year period of performance with one two-year option. This program is the successor of AHRQ's Integrated Delivery System Research Network (IDSRNs).
The purpose of ACTION is to promote innovation in health care delivery by accelerating the development, implementation, dissemination and uptake of demand-driven and evidence-based products, tools, strategies and findings. The overarching goal of the program is to improve healthcare delivery systems and healthcare outcomes in the U.S. Through ACTION, AHRQ will also support the development of new strategies and tools to achieve the programs' goals.
To achieve the program goals, ACTION awardees will engage in rapid cycle tasks and activities that vary according to the scope of work of each individual task order. Tasks and activities may include:
- Assessing needs for demand-driven and evidence-based findings, tools, products and strategies, particularly those identified by delivery system operational leaders and champions (clinical and managerial) who are making critical decisions and managing change.
- Conducting timely applied research in these key areas.
- Evaluating which interventions and strategies demonstrate improvement in the quality, safety, efficiency and effectiveness of US health care delivery.
- Most importantly, promoting the dissemination and uptake of demand-driven and evidence-based products, tools, strategies and findings that result from these projects to improve delivery systems and health outcomes. Activities may also include assisting AHRQ in exploring new strategies and tools to achieve the programs' goals. The essence of this task will be to broaden adoption and successful implementation of clinical, organizational, and managerial practices, regardless of who originally produced the evidence.
Shift-click from this Web page: Your browser may support downloading
the RFP from this Web page. To download the RFP from this Web page, click on the
following links with the right mouse button and select "Save Link As" (Firefox™, Netscape®) or "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer):
- Accelerating Change and Transformation in Organizations and Networks (ACTION):
Request for Proposals (Word® File,
- Appendix A: Characteristics of Partnership's Health Care Systems and Recipients of Health Care (Tables to be completed and submitted with Technical Proposal) (Word® File, 70 KB).
- Amendment 1: Responses to Questions (Word® File, 115 KB; PDF File, 25 KB). PDF Help.
PDF Files require the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™, which you can download
free from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
Current as of July 2005