This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Request for Proposals
Solicitation No. AHRQ-07-10034
Proposals Due: May 31, 2007 (12:00 Noon, Local Time).
Contracting Office: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Contracts Management, 540 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20850; Jessica Alderton, Contracting Officer.
The solicitation issue date is April 13, 2007. Proposals are due May 31, 2007.
The RFP is available for download (select for Downloading Information).
Printed copies are not available. If you have any trouble downloading this solicitation, please contact Jessica Alderton, Contracting Officer, (301) 427-1783 or by E-mail: Jessica.Alderton@ahrq.hhs.gov.
Questions regarding this solicitation shall be received in this office no later than April 30, 2007. All questions must be submitted electronically by E-mail to Jessica Alderton at Jessica.Alderton@ahrq.hhs.gov. The subject line should be marked "Proposal Questions RFP No. AHRQ-07-10034."
It is anticipated that 5 to 8 contracts will be awarded from this solicitation.
AHRQ's mission is to improve the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care to all Americans. Its mission is accomplished through the establishment of a broad base of scientific research activities and through the promotion of improvements in clinical practice and in the organization, financing, and delivery of health care services.
In accomplishing these activities, AHRQ is faced from time to time with the need to generate analytical products under relatively tight time frames with a minimum of available staff. These activities typically target high priority issues that are likely to influence programmatic, budgetary, legislative, regulatory, and/or strategic planning decisions.
The objective of this acquisition is to provide a contracting mechanism to facilitate the production of focused, high-priority planning, evaluation, and other types of quantitative and qualitative analytical products. AHRQ needs contractors qualified to perform the following types of activities:
- Prepare evaluation design studies and program evaluations using the most appropriate methods and approaches including case studies, network analysis, and other innovative techniques for, but not limited to, the following:
- Determine the effects of AHRQ's activities in specific populations as well as general knowledge transfer, diffusion, and adoption.
- Evaluate AHRQ-sponsored products through targeted, small scale efforts.
- Perform program including all current portfolios of work.
- Perform short turnaround analyses such as secondary data analyses, literature reviews, evaluation syntheses and meta-analyses, and background papers, including those needed for congressionally mandated activities.
- Perform longitudinal evaluations from an activity's inception through various milestones to outcomes, impacts, and adoption.
- Design, developing, and/or evaluating data systems to enable the Agency to better determine the efficacy of its activities.
- Conduct economic, cost-benefit, and other types of cost-related analyses.
- Conduct legal and policy analyses and related types of studies.
- Conduct actuarial analyses and related types of studies.
- Develop and implement customer satisfaction surveys and other agency performance information collection efforts in accordance with Executive Order 12862 on setting Customer Service Standards and P.L. 103-62, the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA).
- Conduct internal management and organizational studies, as well as studies relating to strategic planning, performance measurement, and other analytical tasks pursuant to AHRQ's responsibilities.
As needed and appropriate, contractors engaging in any of the activities listed above may at AHRQ's request provide technical assistance in the preparation of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) clearance packages.
To enable AHRQ to obtain quick action on needed activities, offerors must possess either in-house or through available subcontracting arrangements, organizational expertise and experience in the work areas specified above.
Detailed information on specific requirements can be found in the solicitation. It is the offerors responsibility to monitor this site for any subsequent amendments.
Shift-click from this Web page: Your browser may support downloading the RFP and reference documents from this Web page. To download them from this Web page, click on the following links with the right mouse button and select "Save Link As" (Firefox™, Netscape®) or "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer®):
- AHRQ Planning, Evaluation & Analysis: Request for Proposals (Word® File, 435 KB).
- Amendment 1: Questions and Answers; Requirement for Offerors To Provide Electronic Copy of Proposal; Sample Task Order (Word® File, 155 KB).
- Amendment 2: Interested Vendor/Bidders List (Word® File, 50 KB).
Files related to the RFP can be accessed with free viewers if proprietary software is not available.
Top of Page
Current as of May 2007