This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Thursday, March 12, 1998
William Natcher Conference Center (Lower Level) Room E1 & E2
National Institutes of Health (Building 45)
45 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD
The meeting began at 10:00 a.m. Chapters considered:
Improving Quality in a Changing Health Care Industry
- Chapter One: The State of Health Care Quality: How Good Is Care?
- Chapter Two: Improving Health Care Quality in an Industry in Transition
- Establishing Health Care Quality as a National Priority
- Strengthening the Market to Improve Quality
- Chapter Six: Encouraging Action by Group Purchasers
- Chapter Seven: Strengthening the Hand of Consumers
- Chapter Eight: Focusing on Vulnerable Populations
- Chapter Nine: Promoting Accountability
- Revised Draft Chapter Ten: Moving Toward Error Free Health Care
[This chapter will be available at a later date.]
Building the Capacity to Improve Quality
On this day, the Commission achieved consensus on the final report to the President. Review of the meeting's proceedings:
[ About the Commission
| Commission Membership
| Press Releases
Last Revised: Sunday July 19, 1998