This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Subcommittee on Creating
a Quality Improvement Environment
- Mary Wakefield, Ph.D., Chair.
- Betty Bednarczyk.
- Donald Berwick, M.D.
- Gerald McEntee.
- Phillip Nudelman, Ph.D.
- Herbert Pardes, M.D.
- Christopher Queram.
- Robert Ray.
Issues of Framework for the Subcommittee:
- relationship of performance measurement and quality oversight systems to the quality improvement activities of health care organizations and providers.
- ethical guidelines and professional standards for the health care industry.
- enhancement of practitioner and health care worker performance through education, training and certification.
- organizational systems and processes to promote quality improvement, e.g., clinical information systems, clinical decision support systems, provider profiling, balanced financial incentives.
Background Papers (go to Meetings section of Web site)
[ About the Commission
| Commission Membership
| Press Releases
Last Revised: Tuesday, June 16, 1998