This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Subcommittee on Roles and Responsibilities
of Public/Private Purchasers
and Quality Oversight Organizations
- Sandra Hernandez, M.D., Co-Chair.
- Gail Warden, Co-Chair.
- Robert Georgine.
- Diane Graham.
- Val Halamandaris, J.D.
- Marta Prado.
- Kathleen Sebelius.
- Steven Sharfstein, M.D.
- Sheldon Weinhaus, J.D.
Issues of Framework for the Subcommittee:
- responsibilities of public and private sector purchasers.
- oversight structures, i.e., roles of various private sector accreditation bodies, state licensure, federal certification and qualification.
- public and private sector roles in establishing performance standards.
- roles of various organizations in producing comparitive performance data on health care organizations and providers.
Background Papers (go to Meetings section of Web site)
[ About the Commission
| Commission Membership
| Press Releases
Last Revised: Tuesday, June 16, 1998