Patient Safety Organizations in Their Second Year: The Momentum Builds (Text Version)
On September 27, 2010, William Munier made this presentation at the 2010 Annual Conference. Select to access the PowerPoint® presentation (815 KB).
Patient Safety Organizations in Their Second Year: The Momentum Builds
AHRQ Annual Conference
September 27, 2010
- AHRQ began listing PSOs November 2008:
- Patient Safety Rule effective January 19th, 2009.
- 88 PSOs "listed" by AHRQ as of September 22nd:
- 30 states & DC
PSOs and the NPSD: Next Steps
- Upcoming Common Format Expansion:
- Health Information Technology.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Non-identifiable data to the NPSD—early 2011:
- Local and PSO reports can begin now.
- Findings from NPSD will be published in AHRQ's annual National Healthcare Quality & Disparities Reports.