Spanish-language novella on managing type 2 diabetes available
Research Activities, August 2012, No. 384
Aprende a vivir (Learn To Live), a three-episode Spanish-language videonovela that provides information about managing type 2 diabetes, is available from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The story reflects the reality of many Hispanics and others with type 2 diabetes who stop taking medication due to unpleasant side effects or other reasons.
The videonovela is available at http://healthcare411.ahrq.gov/aprendeavivir.aspx and is also available with English captions. A DVD version is available to play in DVD players only. In addition, you will find other resources on diabetes in both English and Spanish.
To order a free copy of the DVD (12-0059-DVD) or a sample kit of the brochures featured in the videonovela (OM12-0067), call the AHRQ Publications Clearinghouse at 800-358-9295 or Email AHRQPubs@ahrq.hhs.gov.
Bulk copies of the brochures are also available for order:
- Medicines for Type 2 Diabetes: Spanish (11-EHC038-B); English (11-EHC038-A)
- Your Medicine: Be Smart. Be Safe: Spanish (11-0049-B); English (11-0049-A)
- Treating High Cholesterol: Spanish (09(10)-EHC024-B); English (09(10-EHC024-A)
- Choosing Medicines for High Blood Pressure: Spanish (11(12)-EHC063-B); English (11(12)-EHC063-A)
- Measuring Your Blood Pressure at Home: Spanish (12-EHC002-B); English (12-EHC002-A)
Please refer to publication numbers when ordering.