AHRQ National Advisory Council To Meet July 23
The AHRQ National Advisory Council is scheduled to meet on Friday, July 23. The Council provides advice to the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The Council consists of 21 members from the private sector and seven ex-officio members from other federal health agencies.
The meeting, which is open to the public, will begin with an update on the Agency's current research, programs and initiatives. Also featured are updates on quality improvement priorities and implications for AHRQ and a discussion of AHRQ activities related to community collaboratives.
Date: Friday, July 23, 2010
AHRQ's Eisenberg Conference Center
540 Gaither Road
Rockville, MD 20850
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Registration: No prior registration is required.
If you require reasonable accommodation to attend this meeting, please contact Regina Shumate at (301) 427-1220 or by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19.
Seven new members have been appointed to AHRQ's National Advisory Council. They are:
- Louise-Marie Dembry, M.D., M.S., M.B.A., associate professor of epidemology and public health, associate professor of medicine, department of internal medicine, and medical staff and consultant in infectious diseases, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Conn.
- Silvia M. Ferretti, D.O., provost, senior vice president and dean of academic affairs, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, Penn.
- Helen W. Haskell, founder and president, Mothers Against Medical Error, and board member, Citizens Advancing Patient Safety, Columbia, S.C.
- Welton O'Neal Jr., Pharm.D., national director, external affairs, Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc., Washington, D.C.
- Katherine A. Schneider, M.D., M.Phil., vice president, health engagement, AtlantiCare Health System, Hammonton, N. J.
- Ardis Dee Hoven, M.D., professor of medicine, division of infectious diseases, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, chair-elect, American Medical Association board of trustees, BlueGrass Care Clinic, Lexington, Ky.
- Helen Darling, M.A., president, National Business Group on Health, Washington, D.C.
For more information, please contact AHRQ Public Affairs: (301) 427-1855 or (301) 427-1866.
Use Twitter to get AHRQ news updates: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqnews/.