AHRQ National Advisory Council To Meet on July 22
The National Advisory Council for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will meet on July 22 at AHRQ's offices in Rockville, MD. The Council provides advice to the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Secretary and the Director of the Agency. The Council consists of 21 members from the private sector and seven ex-officio members from other federal health agencies.
The meeting, which is open to the public, will begin with an update on the Agency's current research and programs and discussions of AHRQ collaborations and public reporting initiatives. The meeting will be available by Webcast, starting at 8:30 a.m. at http://www.webconferences.com/ahrq/.
Date: Friday, July 22, 2011
AHRQ's Eisenberg Conference Center
540 Gaither Road
Rockville, MD 20850
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Registration: No prior registration is required.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodations may contact Barbara Alvarado by E-mail at Barbara.Alvarado@ahrq.hhs.gov or by telephone at (301) 427-1459.
Seven new members will join the Council beginning with this meeting. They are:
- Mitra Behroozi, J.D., Executive Director, 1199SEIU Benefit and Pension Funds, New York, NY.
- Paul N. Casale, M.D., F.A.C.C., Medical Director of Quality, and Chief, Division of Cardiology, Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster, PA.
- Andrea H. McGuire, M.D., M.B.A., Chief Medical Officer and Vice President, Medical and Network Management, American Enterprise Group, Inc., Des Moines, IA.
- Christopher Queram, M.A., President and Chief Executive Officer, Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality, Middleton, WI.
- Alan R. Spitzer, M.D., Senior Vice President for Research, Education, and Quality, MEDNAX Services/Pediatrix Medical Group/American Anesthesiology, Sunrise, FL.
- Jeffery Thompson, M.D., M.P.H., Chief Medical Officer, Medicaid Purchasing Administration, Department of Social and Health Services, Olympia, WA.
- Janet S. Wyatt, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N.P., Executive Director, Institute of Pediatric Nursing, Gaithersburg, MD.
For more information, please contact AHRQ Public Affairs: (301) 427-1866 or (301) 427-1855.
Use Twitter to get AHRQ news updates: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqnews/.