This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Slide 4. Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) & Medicaid Quality Strategy
CMS and AHRQ Partnership Overview
- Vision: The right care, for every person every time.
- Aims: Make care safe, effective, efficient, person-centered, timely and equitable.
- The pillars of the CHIP/Medicaid Quality Strategy:
– Address Beneficiary Concerns/ Focus on Patient Centeredness.
– Implement Evidenced-Based Care and Quality Measurement.
– Support Value-Based Payment Systems.
– Leverage Health Information Technology (Health IT) and Data.
– Continue to Build Effective Partnerships.
– Disseminate Information and Provide Technical Assistance.
– Facilitate Equity in the Delivery of Care.
Page last reviewed July 2009
Internet Citation: Slide 4. Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) & Medicaid Quality Strategy: CMS and AHRQ Partnership Overview.
July 2009. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://archive.ahrq.gov/policymakers/chipra/chipraarch/chipra072209/mann/mannslide4.html