Slide 11. Consensus on Criteria Definitions
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Progress Report to the AHRQ National Advisory Council
- Measures must be supported by scientific evidence or, where evidence is insufficient, by expert consensus.
- Measures must support a link between:
- Structure and outcomes of care.
- Structure and processes of care.
- Processes and outcomes of care.
- The measure must represent an aspect of care that is under the control of health care providers and systems.
- The measure should truly assess what it purports to measure.
- Measures supported by evidence from unpublished data should be considered for inclusion.