This resource was developed by AHRQ as part of its Public Health Emergency Preparedness program, which was discontinued on June 30, 2011. Many of AHRQ's PHEP materials and activities will be supported by other Federal agencies. Notice of transfer to another agency will be posted on this site.
This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
State Alternate Care Site Caches
- The alternate care site cache of supplies and equipment was designed using an all-hazards approach to provide for 10-14 days of care for 50 patients.
- Each ACS Cache contain items separated into 9 groups:
- IV Fluids.
- Bandages and Wound Management.
- Airway Intervention and Management.
- Patient Bedding, Gowns, Cots, Miscellaneous.
- Healthcare Provider Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Exam Supplies.
- General Supplies.
- Defibrillators and Associated Supplies—A special group that will be vendor managed off-site.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide