Skip Navigation U.S. Department of Health and Human Services www.hhs.gov
Agency for Healthcare Research Quality www.ahrq.gov
Archive print banner

Public Health Emergency Preparedness

This resource was part of AHRQ's Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) program, which was discontinued on June 30, 2011, in a realignment of Federal efforts.

This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.

Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.

Impact of Changing Travel Time (Text Description)

The vertical axis of the chart shows total evacuation time in hours from 0 to 80 in 20-hour increments. The horizontal axis shows % increase in travel times from 0% to 100%. The baseline evacuation time is 53.8 hours. A 25% increase in traveltime increases total evacuation time to 59.9 hours. A 50% travel time increase increases total evacuation time to 66 hours. A 75% increase in travel time increase total evacuation time to 72.1 hours and a 100% increase in travel time increases total evacuation time to 78.3 hours.

Return to Document

The information on this page is archived and provided for reference purposes only.

 

AHRQ Advancing Excellence in Health Care