Improving Warfarin Management
This project applied ISO 9001 principles to establish a virtual anticoagulation clinic for two hospitals and two physician practices and resulted in the development of a model for developing safe care delivery systems. The toolkit features:
- Tools for implementing a virtual anticoagulation clinic by other communities of providers.
- Training materials on teaching ISO 9001 quality concepts.
- Anticoagulation care guidelines.
- Techniques for simplifying and controlling documents across multiple institutions and sites of care.
- Guidelines for utilizing auditing, and corrective and preventive action plans to monitor clinical outcomes.
- Patient education materials.
Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, patients, caregivers.
Health Care Setting
Hospital care units, pharmacies, outpatient facilities.
Toolkit Web Site
Booklet—Blood Thinner Pills: Your Guide to Using Them Safely in English and Spanish.
Clinician Kit—Clinicians can receive a kit with 1 DVD of the video, 1 booklet, and 25 copies of a flier listing free resources that address how to use blood thinners safely by calling 800-358-9295 and requesting AHRQ Publication No. 09-0086.
Blood Thinner Pills — AHRQ Releases New Video for Consumers
New Warfarin Guide