This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Development of the AHRQ Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture
Slide 4. Medical Office SOPS
- Same development steps as the hospital survey:
- Reviewed literature and existing surveys.
- Conducted background interviews with medical office providers and staff:
- Staff less familiar with term "patient safety"
- Identified key areas of safety culture in the medical office setting.
- Developed survey items.
- Conducted cognitive testing of survey items.
- Obtained input from over two dozen researchers and stakeholders.
- Pilot tested the survey, analyzed data, and finalized the survey.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide
Page last reviewed May 2011
Internet Citation: Development of the AHRQ Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture: Slide 4. Medical Office SOPS.
May 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://archive.ahrq.gov/professionals/quality-patient-safety/patientsafetyculture/medical-office/2011/hicknertacall/hicknertacallsl4.html