This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Development of the AHRQ Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture
Slide 6. Hospital SOPS Dimensions
- 42 items assess 12 dimensions of patient safety culture:
- Communication openness.
- Feedback and communication about error.
- Frequency of event reporting.
- Handoffs and transitions.
- Management support for patient safety.
- Nonpunitive response to error.
- Organizational learning—continuous improvement.
- Overall perceptions of patient safety.
- Supervisor/manager expectations and actions promoting patient safety.
- Teamwork across units.
- Teamwork within units.
- Patient safety "grade" (Excellent to Poor).
- Number of events reported in past 12 months.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide
Page last reviewed May 2011
Internet Citation: Development of the AHRQ Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture: Slide 6. Hospital SOPS Dimensions.
May 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://archive.ahrq.gov/professionals/quality-patient-safety/patientsafetyculture/medical-office/2011/hicknertacall/hicknertacallsl6.html