Figure 2. Key operational tasks in generating performance reports (Text Description)
Methodological Considerations in Generating Provider Performance Score
Figure 2 is a flowchart of six steps in generating performance reports:
- Negotiating stakeholder consensus on "value judgments" of performance reporting
- What are the purposes of reporting?
- Selecting the measures that will be used to evaluate providers
- Which measures?
- How will measures be specified?
- Identifying data sources and aggregating performance data
- What kinds of data will be included?
- How will data sources be combined?
- Checking data quality and completeness
- How will missing data be detected and handled?
- Computing provider scores
- How will performance data be attributed to providers?
- How will performance scores be calculated?
- Creating performance reports
- How will performance be reported?
- Will composite measures be used?