Project RED Metrics
Project RED (Re-Engineered Discharge) Training Program
- Average length of stay (LOS).
- 30-day unplanned readmission rate.
- Patient experience related to discharge preparation.
- Frontline staff survey related to discharge preparation.
- Primary care physician (PCP) survey related to his or her opinion of patient's preparation for discharge and PCP's receipt of information about the patient's hospitalization.
- The cost of second LOS (readmission).
- Project costs.
- Discharge process costs (current and redesigned).
- Average time to notify the Discharge Advocate (DA) about new admission.
- Average time from admission to first patient visit by DA (initiation of care plan) for patients who meet all criteria.
- Percent of patients whose PCP was notified within 24 hours discharge.
- Percent of follow-up phone calls made within 48 hours.
- Percent of follow-up calls requiring second call by pharmacist (if non-pharmacist makes first call).
- Percent of patients completing post-discharge survey 30 days after discharge.
Completion of care plan details:
- Percent of care plans with medication list included.
- Percent of care plans with care needs included (e.g., exercise, diet, main problem, when do I call doctor).
- Percent of care plans with follow-up appointments listed.
- Percent of care plans with pre-arranged discharge resources identified (e.g., home health, durable medical equipment).
- Percent of care plans with pending tests listed.